Brompton Technology’s Tessera S8 LED processor is perfect for high-profile projects that don’t require large output capacity but would still benefit from the flexibility of Brompton’s industry-leading Tessera feature set and easy-to-use software.
Sitting alongside the award-winning Tessera SX40, this mid-range LED processor provides stunning results with support for all of Brompton’s ground-breaking Tessera processing features, including HDR and Dynamic Calibration, as well as Ultra Low Latency and High Frame Rates.
It offers full 4K60 input support, with eight 1G outputs each capable of 525K pixels at 60Hz, 8 bits per colour, and has a zero-latency up/down scaler that matches the source to the screen.
The Tessera S8 allows for full HD output with closed loop redundancy, making it the obvious choice for rental companies looking to maximise their offering for those more cost-conscious events.
High Dynamic Range offers greater brightness and colour ranges with a higher bit depth, appearing perceptibly sharper and more detailed for vivid, lifelike images.
Improves the appearance of panels operating at less than their maximum brightness by reducing banding and increasing detail in dark areas.
On-Screen Colour Adjustment (OSCA) enables a special user interface to appear on the LED screen itself, allowing for quick, easy module and seam selection.
Offers powerful and intuitive colour correction with two operating modes – 14 Way Colour Corrector and Colour Replace. Easily and independently adjust primary, secondary and tertiary colours.
Tessera Management Software gives you full control over your Tessera System, with an array of powerful, easy-to-use features for an impeccable show every time.
The Tessera system is genlocked from the video input all the way down to the LED refresh cycle, giving perfectly smooth video with no dropped or doubled frames.
Delivers ultimate peace of mind for users by introducing an auto-failover mechanism that allows a back-up processor to take over in just a few seconds.
It’s easy to get a show up and running with the Tessera S8, with several powerful features for configuring your fixtures:
Quick Association, a fast and easy way to associate large numbers of fixtures to your processor
Pixel Mapping, allowing free placement and rotation of fixtures to 0˚ / 90˚ / 180˚ / 270˚ regardless of cabling order
The Tessera S8 processor delivers peace of mind for users with the ability to operate a full HD output with closed loop redundancy.
Cabling loops are created from the primary port, through a string of fixtures, and then back to the processor.
In case of unexpected signal loss or errors with the loop or primary feed, the backup port takes control and within one frame switches to the backup feed, ensuring a worry-free live show.
The R2 Receiver Card is the most powerful Tessera receiver card ever, supporting a 262k pixel capacity, making it perfect for all types of LED panels.
See and compare the capacities and features of all Tessera LED Processors.
Download the Tessera SX40 processor datasheet .pdf with full product technical specifications.
Download the latest version of the Tessera software and firmware.
Brompton’s first 4K processor and the best LED processor currently available on the market. Used with the XD Data Distribution Unit to provide a comprehensive solution for 4K screens.
A mid-range processor perfect for high-profile projects that don’t require large output capacity but want the full suite of Tessera processing features.
A straightforward powerhouse processor built for large, high resolution LED screens, offering fewer creative features for competitive value.
Designed for creativity, an ideal choice for smaller creative shows and displays that don’t need to output a huge amount of pixels.
Brompton’s flagship HD LED processor, offering unrivalled creative and colour management features.
- 482.6mm (19”) x 88.9mm (3.5”) x 406.4mm (16”)
- Rear width: 431.8mm (17”)
- 550mm (21.65”) x 220mm (8.66”) x 520mm (20.5”)
- 7.50Kg (16.53lbs)
- 10Kg (22lbs)
- Switched autoranging power supply
- 100 – 240V AC
- 50Hz – 60Hz
- 1.2 – 0.6A
- One HDMI 2.0 input
- Full 18Gbps HDMI 2.0 bandwidth, maximum 600MHz pixel clock
- Up to 4096 x 2160 resolution (progressive only)
- 23.98Hz to 144Hz framerate
- 8,10 and 12 bits per channel colour depths
- RGB and YCbCr 4:4:4, 4:2:2 and 4:2:0
- Compatible with DVI-D and DisplayPort sources via adapters
- One 12G SDI input that supports the following:
- HD-SDI – ST-292
- 3G-SDI – ST-424, Level A and Level B-DL
- 6G-SDI – ST-2081
- 12G-SDI – ST-2082, 2SI format
- Up to 4096 x 2160 resolution (progressive only)
- 23.98Hz to 60Hz framerate
- 10 bits per channel colour depth
- YCbCr 4:2:2
- Eight 1 Gigabit Ethernet output ports
- Supports nominally 525k pixels at 8 bits per colour @ 60Hz
- Maximum output capacity 4.5 million pixels
- 10 and 12 bits per colour output supported at reduced pixel counts
- Closed loop redundancy support
- Bi-level and Tri-level sync
- Sync to source
- Processors genlock from source right through to panel refresh
- Frame rates from 23.98 to 60Hz
- 2 frames end-to-end system latency (all features)
- Local management using monitor, keyboard and mouse connected directly to processor
- Up to 3840×2160 local monitor resolution supported, minimum 1920×1080 recommended
- Available free for Windows PC and Mac OS
- Remote management using Windows PC or Mac connected to processor via Ethernet network
- Two Gigabit Ethernet management network ports
- Support for eDMX protocols:
- Art-Net, Streaming ACN
- DMX-512A on 5-pin XLR in and thru
- Tessera Control application for multi-processor control via management network ports
- Two USB 2.0 ports on front
- Two USB 3.0 ports on rear
- One DisplayPort (DP++) monitor output supporting HDMI, DVI and VGA with adapter
- Six status LEDs
- Power LED
- Freeze button
- Blackout button
- Two years
- CE, ETL/cETL