Discover some of Brompton Technology’s landmark events since it was founded in 2011
Brompton seeks to recruit the most talented individuals to contribute to our continued growth. We offer a rewarding work environment at the cutting edge of video technology. Our current vacancies are available below, but you are also welcome to make a speculative application by sending your CV to: email@example.com
For vacancies at our sister company Carallon – a product development company that provides R&D services to Brompton – please see Carallon careers.
|Salary||Competitive, dependent on level of experience|
|Working Hours||Full-time (37.5 hours/week)|
|Location||Carallon offices, Ealing Broadway, London W5 (The post holder may be required to work at other locations, at the discretion of their line manager.)|
Brompton Technology is a specialist manufacturer of video processing products for live events. Our Tessera system is the industry-leading processing solution for LED video walls, used for high-profile events ranging from the Academy Awards to tours by bands like U2 and Ed Sheeran.
Our company is close-knit and highly motivated with a keen interest in the products it creates. Candidates should be similarly interested in the work involved and be able to adapt to changing priorities as we bring original and ground-breaking products to market. The company's close ties to the entertainment industry bring a variety of benefits and we offer a very friendly, flexible and supportive working environment.
Brompton Technology has an employment opportunity for a Technical Support Specialist. Strong electronic and IT based technical skills and good written and verbal communication skills will be essential as will excellent problem solving abilities. The ability to remain calm and operate under pressure will be important, as our customers work on the world’s largest and most high-profile shows. Training on Brompton products will be provided, but a strong underlying technical understanding will be necessary. Experience in a technical role within the AV industry is not essential, particularly if the candidate has a keen amateur interest in the field of AV and video, but it would be a positive.
- Responding to technical support enquiries for Brompton products via phone or email
- Assisting customers with system designs and configuration for specific projects
- Onsite support for major projects worldwide including out of hours support
- Managing RMA product returns, generating reports, and coordinating return shipping
- Demonstrating products to potential customers and occasionally acting in a technical sales capacity
- Testing of new products prior to release and providing feedback and support to the development team
- Assistance with preparation, build-up and break-down at key industry events and tradeshows worldwide
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organisational skills
- A valid passport and a willingness to travel
- The ability to balance multiple tasks, and demonstrate excellent time management
- The capacity to remain calm when working under pressure, and maintain consistently high quality outcomes
- A basic understanding of electronics and electrical theory
- Good IT skills and a level of comfort working with both Windows and OSX operating systems
- Experience working or assisting in a live production environment
- Experience working with or using video equipment, in particular LED Video panels and digital content
- Experience of creating technical documentation (technical bulletins, how to guides etc)
- A working knowledge of CAD or drawing applications
- Written or verbal ability in foreign languages
- A further or higher education qualification in electronics, IT or related scientific field