Discover some of Brompton Technology’s landmark events since it was founded in 2011
Brompton seeks to recruit the most talented individuals to contribute to our continued growth. We offer a rewarding work environment at the cutting edge of video technology. Our current vacancies are available below, but you are also welcome to make a speculative application by sending your CV to: email@example.com
Brompton Technology Careers
|Salary||Competitive, dependent on experience|
|Location||Greater Los Angeles area, USA|
Brompton Technology is a specialist manufacturer of video processing products for live events. Our Tessera system is the industry-leading processing solution for LED video walls, used for high-profile events ranging from the Academy Awards to tours by bands like U2 and Ed Sheeran.
Our company is close-knit and highly-motivated with a keen interest in the products it creates. You should be similarly interested in the work involved, and be able to adapt to changing priorities as we bring original and ground-breaking products to market. The company's close ties to the entertainment industry bring a variety of benefits and we offer a very friendly, flexible and supportive working environment.
Brompton Technology has a great opportunity for a Technical Support Specialist for our Tessera LED video processing system. Our products are used worldwide and especially in North America, where many of our largest clients are based. As we establish a more fixed presence in southern California, you could play an important role in helping support our growing user base in the region. You should have confident communication skills and enjoy working with people. Strong electronic and IT-based technical skills are important, and ideally experience helping to solve problems over the telephone or in written messages. Your verbal and written communication skills will need to be excellent. Each interaction you have with a client helps to build long-term working relationships. You will need to stay calm and positive under pressure, as our customers work on the world's largest and most high-profile shows. Training on Brompton products will be provided, but a strong underlying technical understanding is necessary. Experience in a technical role within the AV industry is ideal but not essential.
The successful applicant will enjoy a short stay in London, getting to know our systems, personnel and company culture; further periodic visits to our London headquarters are expected, to stay current with new developments. Going forward, frequent travel throughout North America and beyond will be a feature of this position.
- Responding to technical support enquiries for Brompton products via phone or email, co-ordinating with our London team
- Assisting customers with system designs and configuration for specific projects
- Onsite support for projects within the region, including out of hours support
- Demonstrating products to potential customers and training users
- Assistance with preparation, build-up and tear-down at key industry events and tradeshows worldwide
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Strong problem solving capabilities and the tenacity to work through complex challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thrive on interacting with people and working together to find solutions
- A basic understanding of electronics and electrical theory
- Good IT skills and a level of comfort working with both Windows and OSX operating systems
- The ability to prioritise appropriately when balancing multiple tasks
- Excellent time management
- The capacity to remain calm when working under pressure
- A commitment to maintaining consistently high quality outcomes
- A valid passport and a willingness to travel
- Experience in an equivalent technical support role
- A qualification in electronics, IT, or a related scientific field
- Experience working or assisting in a live production environment
- Film and television production experience
- Experience working with or using video equipment, in particular LED video panels and digital content
- Experience of creating technical documentation (technical bulletins, how to guides etc)
- A working knowledge of CAD or drawing applications
- Written or verbal ability in Spanish
We are interested in hearing from you if you have a genuine aptitude and passion for this field of work. If you do not meet every item listed, but you can demonstrate to us why you could do particularly well in this role, please do get in touch.