Discover some of Brompton Technology’s landmark events since it was founded in 2011
Brompton seeks to recruit the most talented individuals to contribute to our continued growth. We offer a rewarding work environment at the cutting edge of video technology. Our current vacancies are available below, but you are also welcome to make a speculative application by sending your CV to: email@example.com
Brompton Technology Careers
Brompton Technology is a specialist manufacturer of video processing products for live events. Our Tessera system is the industry-leading processing solution for LED video walls, used for high-profile events ranging from the Academy Awards to tours by acts such as U2 and Ed Sheeran.
Our company is close-knit and highly motivated with a keen interest in the products it creates. Candidates should be similarly interested in the work involved and able to adapt to changing priorities as we bring original and ground-breaking products to market.
Brompton Technology is in the process of launching a new LED calibration system and has an immediate employment opportunity for a Calibration Support Engineer to join us in our Shenzhen office.
The role involves attending customer sites to calibrate or profile panels, providing remote support and training to customers using Brompton’s calibration systems, and helping to maintain supporting documentation. The candidate must be adaptable, a team player and comfortable with working to deadlines and changing conditions. Previous experience using LED panel calibration systems is not essential as training will be provided.
Good communication skills, particularly relating to technical matters, are also required as this is a client-facing role and will often involve acting as liaison between customers and the wider Brompton team. Language skills – specifically both English and Chinese, spoken and written – are highly desirable.
- Performing panel calibrations and profiling at customer locations
- Providing on-site support to customers using Brompton calibration systems, including pre-project visits and day to day support during calibration projects
- Providing phone and email technical support to customers, including providing pre-project support and information
- Providing training to, and capturing feedback from, customers using Brompton calibration systems
- Translating and maintaining supporting documents for Brompton calibration systems
- Testing new software and providing feedback to the software development team
- Degree in Electronics, or equivalent
- Confident ability to undertake technical discussions in Mandarin
- Good written and verbal technical communication skills in English
- Excellent organisational skills and time management, including the ability to prioritise conflicting tasks appropriately
- Experience of working in a customer-facing technical role for at least two years
- Experience of working to deadlines in pressurised situations and appropriately managing client expectations
- A valid passport and a willingness to travel to meet the needs of the business
- Experience working with LED panel calibration systems and processing systems for at least one year
- Experience and technical knowledge of LED video products and their use in a live event or production environment for at least one year
- A good understanding of electronics and video technology
- Prior experience of working with manufacturers and an understanding of the manufacturing process
- Experience of working as part of a worldwide organisation where colleagues may not be geographically co-located